An Elimination Theorem for regular behaviours with integration
In this paper we consider we consider a variant of the process algebra ACP with rational time and integration. We shall indicate a subdomain of regular processes for which an Elimination Theorem holds: for each pair of processes p, q in this class there is a process z in this class such that p∥q and z have the same behaviour. Furthermore, we indicate by some simple examples that if the subdomain is restricted or enlarged, then the elimination result is lost. The subdomain has a strong link with the model of timed automata of Alur and Dill.
1991 Mathematics Subject Classification68Q50 68Q60
1987 CR CategoriesD.3.1 F.3.1
Key Words & PhrasesACP relative time integration regular process Elimination Theorem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AD90]R. Alur and D. Dill. Automata for modeling real-time behaviour. In M. Paterson, editor, Proceedings 17 th ICALP, Warwick, LNCS 443, pages 322–335. Springer-Verlag, 1990.Google Scholar
- [BV93]J.C.M. Baeten and C. Verhoef. A congruence theorem for structured operational semantics with predicates. Report CSN-93/05, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Fok92]W.J. Fokkink. Regular processes with rational time and silent steps. Report CS-R9231, CWI, Amsterdam, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Fok93]W.J. Fokkink. An elimination theorem for regular behaviours with integration. Technical report, CWI, Amsterdam, 1993.Google Scholar
- [GL92]J.C. Godskesen and K.G. Larsen. Real-time calculi and expansion theorems. In R. Shyamasundar, editor, Proceedings 12 th Conference on Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science, New Delhi, India, LNCS 652, pages 302–315. Springer-Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Klu91]A.S. Klusener. Completeness in real time process algebra. In J.C.M. Baeten and J.F. Groote, editors, Proceedings CONCUR 91, Amsterdam, LNCS 527, pages 376–392. Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- [MT90]F. Moller and C. Tofts. A temporal calculus of communicating systems. In J.C.M. Baeten and J.W. Klop, editors, Proceedings CONCUR 90, Amsterdam, LNCS 458, pages 401–415. Springer-Verlag, 1990.Google Scholar
- [NS90]X. Nicollin and J. Sifakis. ATP: An algebra for timed processes. Technical Report RT-C26, IMAG, Laboratoire de Génie informatique, Grenoble, 1990.Google Scholar
- [Wan90]Y. Wang. A Calculus of Real Time Systems. PhD thesis, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, 1990.Google Scholar