MULTLOG: A system for axiomatizing many-valued logics
A system is presented which, given a first-order finitely-many valued logic by truth tables, produces a sequent calculus, a natural deduction system, and a calculus for transformation to clausal form for many-valued resolution. The output can be in the form of a scientific paper—a LATEX document—which contains a presentation of the calculi and proves soundness and completeness for them.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Baaz and C. G. Fermüller. Resolution for many-valued logics. Proc. Logic Programming and Automated Reasoning LPAR'92, LNAI 624, 107–118, Springer, 1992.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Baaz, C. G. Fermüller, and R. Zach. Systematic construction of natural deduction systems for many-valued logics. Proc. 23rd International Symposium on Multiple-valued Logic. IEEE Press, 1993. to appear.Google Scholar
- 3.W. A. Carnielli. Systematization of finite many-valued logics through the method of tableaux. J. Symbolic Logic, 52(2):473–493, 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Rousseau. Sequents in many valued logic I. Fund. Math., 60:23–33, 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Schröter. Methoden zur Axiomatisierung beliebiger Aussagen-und Prädikaten-kalküle. Z. Math. Logik Grundlag. Math., 1:241–251, 1955.Google Scholar