A simplified ARTMAP architecture for real-time learning
This paper presents a simplified version of the ARTMAP system, which is based on the Adaptive Resonance Theory (ART). The simplified architecture is designed from ART 1 with Quasi-supervision and ARTMAP, being classified as a Predictive ART architecture.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CAR87a]CARPENTER, G. A., & GROSSBERG, S. A massively parallel architecture for a self-organizing neural pattern recognition machine. Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, 37, 54–115, 1987.Google Scholar
- [CAR87b]CARPENTER, G. A., & GROSSBERG, S., ART 2: Self-organization of stable category recognition codes for analog input patterns. Applied Optics, 26, 4919–4930, 1987.Google Scholar
- [CAR88a]CARPENTER, G. A., & GROSSBERG, S., ART 3: Hierarchical search using chemical transmitters in self-organizing pattern recognition architectures. Neural Networks, 3, 129–152, 1990.Google Scholar
- [CAR88b]CARPENTER, G. A., GROSSBERG, S., & ROSEN, D. B., Fuzzy ART: Fast stable learning and categorization of analog patterns by adaptive resonance system. Neural Networks, 4, 759–771, 1991.Google Scholar
- [CAR88c]CARPENTER, G. A., GROSSBERG, S., & REYNOLDS, J. H., ARTMAP: Supervised realtime learning classification of nonstationary data by a self-organizing neural network. Neural Networks, 4, 565–588, 1991.Google Scholar
- [CAR92]CARPENTER, G. A., GROSSBERG, S., & IIZUKA, K., Comparative performance measures of Fuzzy ARTMAP, Learned Vector Quantization, and Back Propagation for handwritten character recognition. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (pp. I 794–799). Baltimore, 1992.Google Scholar
- [GRO76]GROSSBERG, S., Adaptive pattern classification and universal recoding, II. Feedback, expectation, olfaction, and illusions. Biological Cybernetics, 23, 187–202, 1976.Google Scholar
- [GRO87]GROSSBERG, S., Competitive learning: from interactive activation to adaptive resonance. Cognitive Science, 11, 23–63, 1987.Google Scholar
- [GUA91]GUAZZELLI, A., Fundamentação de modelos de redes neurais e seus métodos de aplicação no reconhecimento de caracteres. In Instituto de Informática, UFRGS, 1991.Google Scholar
- [RUM86]RUMELHART, D. E., McCLELLAND, J. L., Parallel Distributed Processing. Volume 1: Foundations, Cambridge, MA:MIT Press, 1986.Google Scholar