Solving string equations with constant restrictions
Modifying the decision algorithm of Makanin we obtain an algorithm which decides whether or not a given string equation has a solution satisfying the constant restrictions. Furthermore we think that we have, as a by-product, a very nice presentation of Makanin's algorithm.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Peter Auer. Unification in the combination of disjoint theories. 1991. To be published in the proceedings of the IWWERT'91.Google Scholar
- Peter Auer. Unification with associative functions. PhD thesis, Technical University Vienna, 1992.Google Scholar
- Franz Baader and Klaus Schulz. Unification in the union of disjoint equational theories: combining decision procedures. 1991. To be published in the proceedings of the IWWERT'91.Google Scholar
- Joxan Jaffer. Minimal and complete word unification. Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery, 37(1):47–85, January 1990.Google Scholar
- G. S. Makanin. The problem of solvability of equations in a free semiproup. Math. USSR Sbornik, 32(2):129–198, 1977. English translation.Google Scholar
- G. S. Makanin. Recognition of the rank of equations in a free semigroup. Math. USSR Izvestija, 14(3):499–545, 1980. English translation.Google Scholar
- J. P. Pecuchet. Equations avec constantes et algorithme de Makanin. PhD thesis, Laboratoire d' informatique, Rouen, 1981.Google Scholar
- Klaus U. Schulz. Makanin's Algorithm — Two Improvements and a Generalization. Technical Report 91-39, CIS—UniversitÄt München, 1991.Google Scholar