Multicounter automata with sublogarithmic reversal bounds
No two-way nondeterministic multicounter automaton has reversal cost lying between O(1) and o(√log) and no two-way deterministic multicounter automaton has reversal cost lying between O(1) and o(log/loglog). Reversals are counted not only on the counter tapes but also on the input tape.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BB74]B. S. Baker and R. V. Book. Reversal-bounded multipushdown machines. Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences, 8:315–322, 1974.Google Scholar
- [Cha81]T.-H. Chan. Reversal complexity of counter machines. In Proc 13. Ann. ACM Symp. on Theory of Computing, pages 146–157, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1981.Google Scholar
- [Cha88]T.-H. Chan. Pushdown automata with reversalbounded counters. Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences, 37:269–291, 1988.Google Scholar
- [CY87]J. Chen and C. Yap. Reversal complexity. In Proc. 2nd Structure in Complexity Theory, pages 14–19, 1987.Google Scholar
- [DG82]P. Duris and Z. Galil. On reversal-bounded counter machines and on pushdown automata with a bound on the size of the pushdown store. Information and Control, 54:217–227, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Gen92]R. Gengler. Multicounter automata with sublogrithmic reversal bounds. research report 8585CS, Institut für Informatik der Universität Bonn, Römerstr. 164 D-W5300 Bonn 1, Germany, 1992.Google Scholar
- [GI81]E. M. Gurari and O.H. Ibarra. The complexity of decision problems for finiteturn multicounter machines. Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences, 22:220–229, 1981.Google Scholar
- [Iba74]O. H. Ibarra. A note on semilinear sets and bounded-reversal multihead pushdown automata. Information Processing Letters, 3:25–28, 1974.Google Scholar
- [Iba78]O. H. Ibarra. Bounded multicounter machines and their decision problem. J. Assoc. Comput. Mach., 25:116–133, 1978.Google Scholar