A constructor-based approach for positive/negative-conditional equational specifications
We present a constructor-based approach for assigning appropriate semantics to algebraic specifications given by finite sets of positive/negative-conditional equations. Under the assumption of confluence of the reduction relation we define, the factor algebra of the ground term algebra modulo the congruence of this reduction relation is a minimal model which is (beyond that) the minimum of all models that do not identify more constructor ground terms than necessary.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Leo Bachmair. Proof by Consistency in Equational Theories. 3rd LICS 1988, pp. 228–233.Google Scholar
- Leo Bachmair, Harald Ganzinger. Perfect Model Semantics for Logic Programs with. Equality. Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Logic Programming, pp. 645–659, MIT Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- Nachum Dershowitz, Mitsuhiro Okada, G. Sivakumar. Confluence of Conditional Rewrite Systems. LNCS 308. Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1988.Google Scholar
- Harald Ganzinger, Jürgen Stuber. Inductive Theorem Proving by Consistency for First-Order Clauses. This volume.Google Scholar
- Stéphane Kaplan. Conditional Rewrite Rules. Theoretical Computer Science 33 (1984), pp. 175–193. North-Holland.Google Scholar
- Stéphane Kaplan. Positive/Negative-Conditional Rewriting. LNCS 308. Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1988.Google Scholar
- Claus-Peter Wirth. Inductive Theorem Proving in Theories specified by Positive/Negative Conditional Equations. Diplomarbeit, 1991, Universität Kaiserslautern, Fachbereich Informatik, Postfach 3049, W-6750 Kaiserslautern.Google Scholar
- Claus-Peter Wirth, Bernhard Gramlich. A Constructor-Based Approach for Positive/Negative-Conditional Equational Specifications. SEKI-Report SR-92-10 (SFB), May 4, 1992, Universität Kaiserslautern, Fachbereich Informatik.Google Scholar
- Hantao Zhang. Reduction, Superposition and Induction: Automated Reasoning in an Equational Logic. Rensselaer Polytech. Inst., Dept. of Comp. Sci., Troy, NY, PhD thesis, 1988.Google Scholar