F-Code: A portable software platform for data-parallel languages
A unified approach to the implementation of a variety of data-parallel programming languages on a variety of SIMD, multi-SIMD, and SIMDsimulating MIMD hardware platforms is presented. The essence of this approach is the provision of a formally defined high-level intermediate language (f-code) developed to represent the semantics of data-parallel processing in full as well as data management and control primitives inherent in Fortran, Pascal and C.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Acho 86]Aho, A.V., Sethi, R., Ullman, J.D. Compilers, Addison-Wesley (Reading MA).Google Scholar
- [Bolychevsky 92]Bolychevsky, A.B., Muchnick, V.B., Shafarenko, A.V. F-code specification, Internal report, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Surrey.Google Scholar
- [DRA 91]TDF specification, Defence Research Agency, RSRE Malvern.Google Scholar
- [Jesshope 90]Jesshope, C.R. The VSA: an abstract definition and interface for data-parallel program generation. Computer and Artificial Intelligence, 9, 441–459.Google Scholar
- [Muchnick 92]Muchnick, V.B., Shafarenko, A.V. The language EVAL and its implementation, to be published Chapman Hall (London).Google Scholar