Statistical probabilistic clock synchronization algorithm
Cristian proposed a probabilistic algorithm for clock synchronization. This algorithm however is not adapted to the changing system load, and it needs the knowledge of communication delay distribution. In this paper, we presents an algorithm similar to that of Cristian, which supports system load changes. This algorithm is based on the statistic of the communication delays.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lamport L., Miller-Smith P.M. Synchronizing Clocks in Presence of Faults Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery Vol. 32, N∘ 1, January 1985, PP. 52–78Google Scholar
- Dolev D., Halpern J.Y., Strong R. On the Possibility and Impossibility of Achieving Clock Synchronization Journal of Computer and System Sciences, N∘ 32, 1986, PP. 230–250.Google Scholar
- Cristian Flaviu Probabilistic Clock Synchronization Distributed Computing, N∘ 3, 1989, PP. 146–158Google Scholar
- Adamo J.M., Alhafez N., Bonello C., Bonneville J., Moukeli P., Trejo L. Developing A High Level Programming Environment for SuperNode, Proc. of Transputer Applications 91, Aug. 28–30, Glasgow, IOS Press.Google Scholar
- Alari G., Ciuffoletti Augusto. Improving the Probabilistic Clock Synchronization Algorithm Università degli Studi di Pisa-Dipartimento di Informatica Corso Italia n. 40, 56100 Pisa-ItalyGoogle Scholar
- Moukeli Pierre Designing CDS: the C_NET Debugging System. Supercomputer Debugging workshop'91 Albuquerque New Mexico (Proceedings to be published)Google Scholar