Suboptimal cuts: Their enumeration, weight and number
We present (1) an algorithm that enumerates the cuts of a network by increasing weight with polynomial delay, and (2) an algorithm that computes the k-th minimum weight in polynomial time for fixed k We also show that in the case of undirected networks there are only polynomially many cuts that have the k-th minimum weight for any fixed k (whereas directed networks can have exponentially many different minimum cuts).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ASY]A. V. Aho, T. G. Szymanski, M. Yannakakis, “Sorting the Cartesian Product”, Proc. Princeton Conf. on Information Sciences, 1980.Google Scholar
- [DKL]E. A. Dinits, A. V. Karzanov, M. V. Lomosonov, “On the Structure of a Family of Minimal Weighted Cuts in a Graph”, Studies in Discrete Optimization [in Russian], A. A. Fridman (Ed.), Nauka, Moscow, pp. 290–306, 1976.Google Scholar
- [EFS]P. Elias, A. Feinstein, C. E. Shannon, “Note on Maximum Flow on a Network”, IRE Trans. Inform. Theory, pp. 117–119, 1956.Google Scholar
- [FF]L. R. Ford, D. R. Fulkerson, Flows in Networks, Princeton University Press, 1962.Google Scholar
- [K]A. Kanevsky, “On the Number of Minimum Size Separating Vertex Sets in a Graph and How to Find All of Them”, Proc. 1st Annual ACM-SIAM Symp. on Discrete Algorithms, 1990.Google Scholar
- [KT]A. V. Karzanov, E. A. Timofeev, “Efficient Algorithms for Finding All Minimal Edge Cuts of a Nonoriented Graph”, Cybernetics, pp. 156–162, 1986.Google Scholar
- [L]E. L. Lawler, “A Procedure for Computing the K Best Solutions to Discrete Optimization Problems and its Application to the Shortest Path Problem”, Management Science, 18(7), pp. 401–405, 1972.Google Scholar
- [NV]D. Naor, V. V. Vazirani, “Representing and Enumerating Edge Connectivity Cuts in RNC”, Proc. 2nd Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures, 1991.Google Scholar
- [PQ]J. C. Picard, M. Queyrane, “On the Structure of All Minimum Cuts in a Network and Applications”, Mathematical Programming Study 13, pp. 8–16, 1980.Google Scholar
- [S]J. W. Suurballe, “Note on Finding All Minimum Cuts”, Bell Laboratories Technical Memorandum, 1974.Google Scholar