A deterministic approach for stereo disparity calculation
In this work, we look at mean field annealing (MFA) from two different perspectives: information theory and statistical mechanics. An iterative, deterministic algorithm is developed to obtain the mean field solution for disparity calculation in stereo images.
KeywordsGibbs Sampler Relative Entropy Internal Field Disparity Function Field Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.L. Bilbro, W.E. Snyder, and R.C. Mann. Mean-field approximation minimizes relative entropy. Jour. of Optical Soci. America, Vol-8(No.2):290–294, Feb. 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Chang. Area-Based Methods for Stereo Vision: the Computational Aspects and Their Applications. PhD thesis, University of California, San Diego, 1991. Dept. of ECE.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Chang and S. Chatterjee. A hybrid approach toward model-based texture segmentation. Pattern Recognition, 1990. Accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Geiger and F. Girosi. Mean field theory for surface reconstruction. In Proc. DARPA Image Understanding Workshop, pages 617–630, Palo Alto, CA, May 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Geman and D. Geman. Stochastic relaxation, Gibbs distributions and the Bayesian restoration of images. IEEE Trans. on Patt. Anal. & Mach. Intel., Nov. 1984.Google Scholar
- 6.R.M. Gray. Entropy and Information Theory. Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, 1990.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Hertz, A. Krogh, and R.G. Palmer. Introduction to The Theory of Neural Computation. Addison Wesley, Reading, MA, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.H.P. Hiriyannaiah, G.L. Bilbro, W.E. Snyder, and R.C. Mann. Restoration of piecewise-constant images by mean field annealing. Jour. of Optical Soci. America, Vol-6(No.12):1901–1912, Dec. 1989.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Kullback. Information Theory and Statistics. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, 1959.Google Scholar
- 10.G. Parisi. Statistical Field Theory. Addison Wesley, Reading, MA, 1988.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Yuille. Generalized deformable models, statistical physics and matching problems. Neural Computation, Vol.2(No.1):1–24, 1990.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Yuille, D. Geiger, and H. Bulthoff. Stereo integration, mean field theory and psychophysics. In Proc. 1st European Conf. on Comp. Vision, pages 73–88, Antibes, France, April 1990.Google Scholar