An efficient binding management in OR-parallel model
A new binding scheme is presented which allows a depth first scheduling strategy in order to manage efficiently side effect predicates. The dereferencing mechanism is based on a set of N key registers associated to each processor. Each key register Ki selects conditional bindings made by processor Pi and which are valid for a given processor Pk.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BAR88]U. BARON, J. CHASSIN DE KERGOMMEAUX, M. HAILPERIN, M. RATCLIFFE, P. POBERT: “The Parallel ECRC Prolog System PEPSys: an overview and evaluation results”. FGCS'88, Nov–Dec 88, pp 841–850Google Scholar
- [BOU90]H. BOURZOUFI, G. GONCALVES, I. HANNEQUIN, P. LECOUFFE, B. TOURSEL: “Depth First Or Parallelism in the LOG-ARCH Project”. Parallel and Distributed Computing, and Systems, October 1990, pp42–45Google Scholar
- [BUT86]R. BUTLER, E. L. LUSK, R. OLSON, R.A OVERBEEK: “ANLWAM, a parallel implementation of the Warren Abstract Machine”, international report, Argonne National Laboratory, 1986Google Scholar
- [BUT88]R. BUTLER, T. DISK, E. L. LUSK, R. OLSON, R. OVERBEEK and R. STEVENS: “Scheduling OR parallelism: an Argonne Perspective”, Fifth International Logic Programming Conference and Fifth Symposium on Logic Programming 1988Google Scholar
- [CAL89]A. CALDERWOOD and P. SZEREDI: “Scheduling OR Parallelism in Aurora — The Manchester Scheduler” 6th International Conference on Logic Programming, Portugal, pp 419–435, June 1989Google Scholar
- [DEL91]I. DELIGNIERES-HANNEQUIN: “Proposition d'un Modèle d'Evaluation Parallèle de Prolog”. Thèse de Doctorat, Fevrier 1991, LIFL, Université de Lille1Google Scholar
- [HAU87]B. HAUSMAN, A. CIEPIELEWSKI, S. HARIDI: “OR-Parallel Prolog made efficient on shared memory multiprocessor“. 4th symp on Logic Programming, San Francisco, Sept 87, pp 69–79Google Scholar
- [HAU88]B. HAUSMAN, A. CIEPIELEWSKI, A CALDERWOOD: “Cut and Side effects in OR-Parallel Prolog”, FGCS'88, Nov–Dec 88, pp 831–840Google Scholar
- [HAU90]B. HAUSMAN: “Handling of speculative work in OR-Parallel PROLOG: Evaluation Results” in Proceeding of NACLP 1990, pp 721–736Google Scholar
- [LIN88]Y. J. LIN, V. KUMAR: “Performance of AND-Parallel execution of Logic programs on a shared-memory multiprocessor”, FGCS'88, Nov–Dec 88, pp 851–860Google Scholar
- [LUS88]E. LUSK, R. BUTLER, T. DISZ, R. OLSON, R. OVERBEEK, R STEVENS, D. H. D. WARREN, A. CALDERWOODD, P. SZERIDI, S. HARIDI, P. BRAND, M. CARLSON, A. CIEPIELEWSKI, B. HAUSMAN: “The Aurora OR-Parallel Prolog System”.FGCS'88, Nov–Dec 88, pp 819–830Google Scholar
- [WAR87a]D. H. D. WARREN: “OR-Parallel Execution Models of Prolog”. TAPSOFT 87, Pisa, March 87, pp 243–255Google Scholar
- [WAR87b]D. H. D. WARREN: “The SRI model for OR_Parallel execution of Prolog-Abstract design and implementation issues”, 4th symp on Logic Programming, San Francisco, Sept 87, pp 92–102Google Scholar