Circuit partitioning algorithms: Graph model versus geometry model
In this paper we have presented two different approaches toward circuit partitioning problem. One approach is based on a graph defined by connectivities among modules. The other one is based on geometric transformation. Since we have applications to VLSI layout design in mind, we need to check the effectiveness of these approaches by experiments, which was left as future subjects.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Av86]David Avis: ”Diameter Partitioning, Discrete and Computational Geometry,” 1, pp. 265–276 (1986).Google Scholar
- [ABKY88]T. Asano, B. Bhattacharya, J. M. Keil, and F. F. Yao: ”Clustering Algorithms Based on Minimum and Maximum Spanning Trees”, Proc. 4th Ann. ACM Symp. Computational Geometry, Urbana-Champaign, pp.252–257, 1988.Google Scholar
- [AGT91]T. Asano, L.J. Guibas and T. Tokuyama: ”Walking on an Arrangement Topologicaly,” to appear in Proc. 7th Ann. ACM Symp. Computational Geometry, North Conway, 1991.Google Scholar
- [GJ79]M.R. Garey and D.S. Johnson: ”Computers and Intractability,” Freeman, New York, 1979.Google Scholar
- [GJS76]M.R. Garey, D.S. Johnson and L. Stockmeyer: ”Some Simplified NP-complete Graph Problems,” Theor. Comput. Sci. 1, pp. 237–267, 1976.Google Scholar
- [HG86]H. Edelsbrunner and L. J. Guibas: ”Topologically Sweeping an Arrangement”, Proc. 18th ACM Symp. on Theory of Computing, pp.389–403, 1986.Google Scholar
- [HJ87]P. Hansen and B. Jaumard: ”Minimum sum of diameters clustering”, Journal of Classification, pp.215–226, 1987.Google Scholar
- [HS76]E. Horowitz and S. Sahni: ”Exact and Approximate Algorithms for Scheduling Nonidentical Processors”, J. of ACM, vol. 23, pp. 317–327, 1976.Google Scholar
- [La80]U. Lauther: ”A Min-cut Placement Algorithm for General Cells Assemblies Based on a Graph Representation”, J. Digital Systems, vol. 4, pp. 21–34, 1980.Google Scholar
- [MS88]C. Monma and S. Suri: ”Partitioning Points and Graphs to Minimize the Maximum or Sum of Diameters”, Proc. of the 6th International Conference on the Theory and Applications of Graphs, Kalamazoo, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Ot82]R.H.J.M. Otten: ”Automatic Floorplan Design”, Proc. 19th Design Automation Conf., pp.261–267, 1982.Google Scholar