ADT implementation and completion by induction from examples
There exists a fast algorithm  for inductive synthesis of terminating and ground confluent term rewriting systems from samples. The principles of this algorithm and the methodology of its use for implementation and completion of abstract data types are described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.Barzdins, Inductive synthesis of term rewriting systems, In: Baltic Computer Science, Lecture Notes in Computer Science; Springer Verlag 1991 (to appear).Google Scholar
- J.M.Bardzin and G.J.Barzdin, Rapid construction of algebraic axioms from samples, In: Images of Programming; North-Holland 1991 (to appear).Google Scholar
- G.Huet and D.C.Oppen, Equations and Rewrite Rules: A Survey. In (Book, R., ed.) Formal Language theory: Perspectives and Open Problems, 349–405, 1980.Google Scholar
- N. Dershowitz, Termination of Rewriting, Symbolic Computation 3, 69–116, 1987.Google Scholar
- M. Thomas and K.P. Jantke, Inductive inference for solving divergence in Knuth-Bendix completion, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 397, 288–303, 1989.Google Scholar
- A.Togashi and S.Noguchi, Inductive inference of term rewriting systems realizing algebras, Proceedings of the Workshop on Algorithmic Learning Theory (North-Holland), 411–423, 190.Google Scholar