Petri nets with uncertain markings
- 130 Downloads
After having described the importance and the complexity of monitoring Flexible Manufacturing Systems, this paper shows the interest of introducing uncertainty and imprecision within Petri net based models. These two concepts are then introduced through a modification of the marking of a Petri net with Objects, and of its interpretation (external conditions associated with the transitions). It is shown how, in some cases, uncertainty is propagated and how, sometimes, it is possible to go back to certainty. Finally, an illustrative example is described.
Keywordspossibility logic Petri Nets fuzzy dates F.M.S. imprecise uncertain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ata87]H. Atabakhche. Utilisation conjointe de l'intelligence artificielle et des réseaux de Petri: Application au contrôle d'exécution d'un plan de fabrication. PhD thesis, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, december 1987.Google Scholar
- [Boo86]Grady Booch. Object-oriented development. IEEE Trans. on Software Engineering, SE-12:211–221, 1986.Google Scholar
- [BZ88]R. E. Bellman and L. A. Zadeh. Decision-making in a fuzzy environment. In R. R. Yager, editor, Fuzzy sets and applications. John Wiley and Sons, 1988.Google Scholar
- [CD89]R. Valette J. Cardoso and D. Dubois. Monitoring manufacturing systems by means of petri nets with imprecise markings. In IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control 1989, pages 233–238, Albany, New York, september 1989.Google Scholar
- [DP88a]D. Dubois and H. Prade. An introduction to possibilistic and fuzzy logics. In P. Smets, editor, Non-Standard logics for automated reasoning. Academic Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- [DP88b]D. Dubois and H. Prade. Possibility Theory: an approach to computerized processing of uncertainty. Plenum Press, 1988. Translation of Théorie de possibilités published by Masson in 1985.Google Scholar
- [ea86]E. Bensana et all. An expert system approach to industrial job-shop scheduling. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and automation, San Francisco, april 1986.Google Scholar
- [EE86]J. Erschler and P. Esquirol. Decision-aid in job-shop scheduling: a knowledge based approach. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and automation, San Francisco, april 1986.Google Scholar
- [Gen87]H.J. Genrich. Predicate/transition nets. Technical report, Institut fur methodische Grundlagen, may 1987.Google Scholar
- [KF88]G.J. Klir and T.A. Folger. Fuzzy sets uncertainty and information. Prentice-Hall, 1988.Google Scholar
- [SB85]C. Sibertin-Blanc. High-level petri nets with data structures. In Workshop on Applications and Theory of Petri nets, Finland, june 1985.Google Scholar