On the rectilinear art gallery problem algorithmic aspects
We investigate the watchman problem for rectilinear art galleries with an arbitrary number of holes. An efficient algorithm for the placement of the guards with running time O(n3/2 log2n log log n) is presented. Each guard has to watch an r-star of constant size.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [G]E. Györi: “A short proof of the rectilinear art gallery theorem, SIAM J. Alg. Disc. Math. 7 (1986), 452–454.Google Scholar
- [H]F. Hoffmann: “On the rectilinear art gallery problem” Proc. ICALP'90, ed. M.Paterson, LNCS 443, pp. 717–728.Google Scholar
- [KKK]J. Kahn, M. Klawe, and D. Kleitman: “Traditional galleries require fewer watch-men”, SIAM Journal of Alg. Disc. Math. 4 (1983), 194–206.Google Scholar
- [M]K. Mehlhorn: “Data structures and algorithms” Vol. 3, Springer (1984)Google Scholar
- [O'R]J. O'Rourke: “Art gallery theorems and algorithms”, Oxford Univ. Press, New York, 1987.Google Scholar
- [ST]J.R. Sack and G.T. Toussaint: “ Guard placement in rectilinear polygons” in “Computational Morphology”, edited by G.T. Toussaint, North-Holland 1988.Google Scholar