Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 484)
Induced subraph isomorphism for cographs is NP-complete
We prove by a reduction from 3SAT that the INDUCED SUBGRAPH ISOMORPHISM problem remains NP-complete when restricted to cographs (P4-free graphs).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H.L. Bodlaender, ACHROMATIC NUMBER is NP-complete for cographs and interval graphs, Info. Proc. Letters 31 (1989), 135–138Google Scholar
- D.G. Corneil, H. Lerchs, L. Stuart Burlingham, Complement reducible graphs, Discr. Appl. Math. 3 (1981), 163–174Google Scholar
- P.Damaschke, Induced subgraphs and well-quasi ordering, to appear in J. of Graph TheoryGoogle Scholar
- M.R. Garey, D.S. Johnson, Computers and intractability, a guide to the theory of NP-completeness, Freeman, San Francisco 1979Google Scholar
- M.C. Golumbic, Algorithmic graph theory and perfect graphs, Academic Press, New York 1980Google Scholar
- N.Robertson, P.D.Seymour, Graph minors, J. of Comb. Theory (B), 1983 ff.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1991