A hierarchical multirate method for circuit simulation on parallel computers
A hierarchical iterative method for electrical simulation of large integrated circuits is presented, which shows a large amount of method-inherent parallelism. After a short introduction the method and its implementation are discussed. A simple example demonstrates how concurrency is exploited.
Key wordsElectrical circuit simulation multirate integration concurrency multilevel Newton method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N.G.B. Rabbat, A.L. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, H.Y. Hsieh, “A multilevel Newton algorithm with macromodeling and latency for the analysis of large-scale nonlinear circuits in the time domain”, IEEE Trans. on CAS-29, p.733–740, March 1982Google Scholar
- J.K. White, “The Multirate Integration Properties of Waveform Relaxation with Applications to Circuit Simulation and Parallel Computing”, Berkeley Memo UCB/ERL 85/90, November 1985Google Scholar
- J.W. Kantorovich, “Functional analysis in normed spaces”, 1959Google Scholar
- B. Klaassen, K.L. Paap, P.G. Ploeger, “Improved Waveform-Relaxation-Newton Method”, Proc. of the 1989 IEEE ISCAS, p.856–859, Portland OR., May 1989Google Scholar
- W. Hoyer, J.W. Schmidt, “Newton-type decomposition methods for equations arising in network analysis”, ZAMM 64, 1984Google Scholar
- R.A. Saleh, A.R. Newton, “The Exploitation of Latency and Multirate Behavior Using Nonlinear Relaxation for Circuit Simulation”, IEEE Trans. on CAD-8, No. 12, p. 1286–1298, Dec. 1989Google Scholar