Experience and conclusions from the system engineering environment prototype PROSYT
In this paper the main components of PROSYT, a System Engineering Environment (SEE), are presented. PROSYT is a frame system including a dialog component (PRODIA) and a database component (PRODAT). The integration of different tools, which cover special aspects of the system life-cycle and which were not developed for working together, is done via the exchange of data using the non standard database PRODAT. PRODIA supports the integration of tools under a common graphical dialogue interface. Some results of our prototype implementations — showing the correctness of the conception — are discussed. The paper closes with some statements about the necessity of a standard to achieve widely accepted and used SEEs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BBK88]Batz, T., Baumann, P. and Köhler, D., “A Data Model Supporting System Engineering”, in Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual International Computer Software & Application Conference COMPSAC '88, IEEE, 1988.Google Scholar
- [BaSt89]Batz, T. and Steusloff, H., editors, “PROSYT (Fachlicher Endbericht des Projekts PROSYT)”, in Vorbereitung (Final Technical Report of the PROSYT Project, in German (to be published)), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989.Google Scholar
- [CAIS87]Rationale for the DoD Requirements and Design Criteria for the Common APSE Interface SET (CAIS), Ada Joint Program Office, DoD, Washington DC, 1987.Google Scholar
- [GPI89]“GPI”, (available from Nixdorf, München), Requirements for the Enhancement of PCTE/OMS, Description of the GPI-Requirements, March 1989.Google Scholar
- [KSS89]Krömker, D., Steusloff, H. and Subel, H.-P., editors, “PRODAT und PRODIA, Dialog — und Datenbankschnittstellen für Systementwurfswerkzeuge”, (Dialog and Database Interface for System Development Tools (in German)), Beiträge zur graphischen Datenverarbeitung, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989.Google Scholar
- [LaPe87]Lauber, R. and Permantier, G., “A Knowledge Representation Language for Process Automation Systems”, in Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Automation Control, pages 330–333, 1987.Google Scholar
- [PCTE88]PCTE — A Basis for a Portable Common Tool Environment, Functional Specification, PCTE Interface Control Group, 5th edition, 1988.Google Scholar
- [PCTE+88]PCTE+ — Functional Specification, C Binding, Independent European Programme Group (IEPG) TA-13, 1st edition, 1988.Google Scholar