Parallel attribute evaluation: structure of evaluators and detection of paralleism
This paper presents several ways of structuring parallel attribute evaluators. It introduces various methods for distributing attribute computations over processors. These methods are simple and can exploit the potential parallelism in attribute evaluators. We furthermore present a method for detecting independent attribute computations. The results of attribute grammar analysis supports the construction of parallel evaluators.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Matthew Belmonte. A practical attribute grammar circularity test. Technical Report TR 88-920, Department of Computer Science Cornell University, June 1988.Google Scholar
- Hans-Juergen Boehm and Willy Zwaenepoel. Parallel attribute grammar evaluation. In R. Popescu-Zeletin, G. LeLann, and K.H. Kim, editors, The 7th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pages 347–354. IEEE, September 1987.Google Scholar
- Martin Jourdan and Didier Parigot. More on speeding up circularity tests for attribute grammars. Rapports de Recherche 828, INRIA, April 1988.Google Scholar
- Matthijs F. Kuiper. Parallel Attribute Evaluation. PhD thesis, University of Utrecht, November 1989.Google Scholar
- Matthijs F. Kuiper and Atze Dijkstra. Attribute evaluation on a network of transputers. In John Wexler, editor, Developing Transputer Applications, pages 142–149, Amsterdam, 1989. IOS.Google Scholar
- R.M. Schell. Methods for Constructing Parallel Compilers for Use in a Multiprocessor Environment. PhD thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, February 1979.Google Scholar
- V. Seshadri, D.B. Wortman, M.D. Junkin, S. Weber, C.P. Yu, and I. Small. Semantic analysis in a concurrent compiler. In Proceedings of the SIGPLAN '88 Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, pages 233–240. ACM Press, June 1988.Google Scholar
- Venkatadri Seshadri. Concurrent semantic analysis. CSRI 216, Computer Systems Research Institute, University of Toronto, September 1988.Google Scholar
- Mark Thierry Vandevoorde. Parallel compilation on a tightly coupled multiprocessor. SRC Reports 26, Digital Systems Research Center, March 1988.Google Scholar
- W.M. Waite and G.Goos. Compiler Construction. Springer, 1984.Google Scholar