EDS hardware architecture
The consortium of Bull, ECRC, ICL, Siemens and their associates is currently designing a 256 Processing Element machine and, by 1992, will have built three prototypes; to date the definitive specification has been produced. This paper describes the hardware architecture and system support necessary for a distributed store architecture; in particular the areas of message passing and store copying are considered.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- U. Baron, J. Chassin de Kergommeaux, M. Hailperin, M. Ratcliffe, P. Robert, J-C. Syre and H. Westphal. The Parallel ECRC Prolog System PEPSys: An Overview and Evaluation Results, Proc. FGCS'88, Tokyo, Int. Conf. on Fifth Generation Comput. Sys., (Nov-Dec 1988).Google Scholar
- B. Bergsten and R. Gonzalez-Rubio. A Database Accelerator and its Languages, CONPAR 88, BCS Workshop Series, CUP, pp. 63–71, (1988).Google Scholar
- S.J. Cockroft and M. Ward. Performance Aspects of the EDS Parallel Processing Machine, Proc. UKCMG, Glasgow, (21–24 May 1990).Google Scholar
- J.H. Patel. Processor-Memory Interconnections for multi-processors, Proc. 6th Annual Symp. Comput. Arch., pp. 343–354, (1988).Google Scholar
- B.J. Proctor and C.J. Skelton. Flagship is Nearing Port: A Status Report on the Alvey Stage of the Project, CONPAR 88, BCS Workshop Series, CUP, pp. 100–107, (1988).Google Scholar
- R. Rashid, A. Tevanian, M. Young, D. Golub, R. Baron, D. Black, W.J. Bolosky and J. Chew. Machine-Independent Virtual Memory Management for Paged Uniprocessor and Multiprocessor Architectures, IEEE Trans. Comput., 7(8), pp. 896–908, (Aug 1985).Google Scholar
- M. Ratcliffe and J-C. Syre. The PEPSys Parallel Logic Programming Language, Proc. IJCAI, Milano, Italy, (Aug 1987).Google Scholar
- M. Rozier, V. Abrossimov, F. Armand, I. Boule, M. Gien, M. Guillemont, F. Herrmann, C. Kaiser, S. Langlois, P. Leonard and W. Neuhauser. CHORUS Distributed Operating System, Proc. IEEE 6th Int. Conf. Distrib. Compt. Sys., pp. 558–563, (19–23 May 1986).Google Scholar
- T. Sawer and O. Serlin. DebitCredit Benchmark — Minimum Requirements and Compliance List, Codd & Date Consulting Group, San Jose, (June 1988).Google Scholar
- P. Townsend, Flagship Hardware and Implementation. ICL Technical Journal, 5(3), pp. 574–595, (May 1987).Google Scholar
- I. Watson, J. Sargeant, P. Watson and V. Woods. The FLAGSHIP Parallel Machine, CONPAR 88, BCS Workshop Series, CUP, pp. 125–133, (1988).Google Scholar