Analysis and design of circuit switching interconnection networks using 4×4 nodes
A new family of dynamic circuit switching Interconnection Networks is proposed, for connecting resources in parallel processing systems. These networks provide links for any input to any output, under distributed control schemes. Network nodes are build by 2×4/4×2, switches at the first/last stage, and 4×4 nodes in the middle stages. The networks compare favourably to existing non-blocking and blocking networks in terms of area and speed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T.-y. Feng, "A Survey of Interconnection Networks", Computer, pp. 12–27, December 1981.Google Scholar
- H.J Siegel, Interconnection Networks for Large-Scale Parallel Processing. Lexington Books, 1985.Google Scholar
- A.L DeCegama, Parallel Processing Architectures and VLSI Hardware. Prentice Hall 1989.Google Scholar
- J. Lenfant, "Parallel Permutations of Data: A Benes Network Control Algorithm for Frequently Used Permutations", IEEE Trans. on Computers, vol. c-27, pp.204–214, July 1978.Google Scholar
- V.E Benes, Mathematical Theory of Connecting Networks and Telephone Traffic. Academic Press, 1965.Google Scholar
- D. Nassimi and S. Sahni, "A Self-Routing Benes Network and Parallel Permutation Algorithms", IEEE Trans. on Computers, vol. c-30, pp. 21–249, May 1981.Google Scholar
- A. Harissis, PhD Thesis in preparation.Google Scholar