MANDIS: Management of distributed systems
This paper gives an overview of the MANDIS programme of COST 11 ter. It presents the architectural approach taken and how this influenced, and was influenced by, work on monitoring. The paper discusses some of the work on control and on a language with which to exercise distributed systems management which is now the focus of current work.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bacon, J. M., and Hamilton, K. G. Distributed Computing with RPC: the Cambridge Approach. Proc. IFIP Conf. on Distributed Processing, Oct. 1987. eds. Barton et al, North-Holland 1988Google Scholar
- 2.Leach, P. J., et al. The Architecture of an Integrated Local Network. IEEE Journal on selected areas of communications 1(5), Nov 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.Mullender, S. J., and Tanenbaum, A. S. The Design of a Capability Based Distributed Operating System. Computer Journal, 29(4), 289–300, March 1986Google Scholar
- 4.van Renesse, R. and Tanenbaum, A. S. MANDIS & Amoeba: Progress in Distributed Operating Systems and Distributed Systems Management. This volume.Google Scholar
- 5.Langsford, A. MANDIS: An Experiment in Distributed Processing. Proc. European Teleinformatics Conf., 787–794, North-Holland, 1988.Google Scholar
- 6.Bacon, J. M., et al. MANDIS: Architectural Basis for Management. Proc. European Teleinformatics Conf., 795–809, North-Holland, 1988.Google Scholar
- 7.Holden, D. B., et al. An Approach to Monitoring in Distributed Systems. Proc. European Teleinformatics Conf., 811–822, North-Holland, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.van Renesse, R., et al. MANDIS/Amoeba: A Widely Dispersed Object-Oriented Operating System. Proc. European Teleinformatics Conf., 823–831, North-Holland, 1988.Google Scholar
- 9.Holden, D. B. Predictive Languages for Management. Proc. 1st Int. Sym. on Integrated Network Management, Boston 1989. To be published.Google Scholar
- 10.Advanced Networked Systems Architecture Group, Cambridge, UK. ANSA Reference Manual, release 00.03, June 1987.Google Scholar
- 11.IS 9595 Common Management Information Service Definition.Google Scholar
- 12.Drenth, G. D., Wilcke, M., van Renesse, R., and van Staveren, H. Monitoring in Distributed Client-Server Environments. Free University of Amsterdam report no. IR-155, June 1988.Google Scholar