Elementary net systems and dynamic logic
Three connections between elementary net systems and propositional dynamic logic are studied: the use of dynamic logic as a query language for case graphs, the synthesis of elementary net systems from formulas of dynamic logic, and an axiomatization of the theory formed by properties of an elementary net system. The axiomatized theory consists of the formulas true in the initial case of the sequential case graph interpreted as a model of dynamic logic.
Key wordsDynamic logic temporal logic elementary net systems Petri nets model checking model synthesis axiomatization of properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ben-Ari, M., Halpern, J., and Pnueli, A. Deterministic Propositional Dynamic Logic: Finite Models, Complexity, and Completeness. Journal of computer and system sciences 25, (1982), 402–417.Google Scholar
- Clarke, E., Browne, M., Emerson, E., and Sistla, A. Using Temporal Logic for Automatic Verification of Finite State Systems. In Logics and Models of Concurrent Systems, K. Apt, Ed., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985, pp. 3–26.Google Scholar
- Harel, D. Dynamic logic. In Handbook of Philosophical Logic, Volume II: Extensions of Classical Logic, D. Gabbay and F. Guenthner, Eds., D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht, 1984, pp. 497–604.Google Scholar
- Rozenberg, G. Behaviour of Elementary Net Systems. In Petri Nets: Central Models and Their Properties (Advances in Petri Nets 1986, Part I, Proceedings of an Advanced Course, Bad Honnef, 8.–19. September 1986), W. Brauer, W. Reisig, and G. Rozenberg, Eds., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1987, pp. 60–94.Google Scholar
- Thiagarajan, P. Elementary Net Systems. In Petri Nets: Central Models and Their Properties (Advances in Petri Nets 1986, Part I, Proceedings of an Advanced Course, Bad Honnef, 8.–19. September 1986), W. Brauer, W. Reisig, and G. Rozenberg, Eds., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1987, pp. 26–59.Google Scholar
- Tuominen, H. Proving Properties of Elementary Net Systems with an Automated Theorem Prover. In COLOG-88, Papers presented at the International Conference in Computer Logic, Part I (Tallinn, Dec. 12–16), P. Lorentz, G. Mints, and E. Tyugu, Eds., Institute of Cybernetics of the Academy of Sciences of the Estonian SSR, 1988, pp. 206–220.Google Scholar