A real-time knowledge-based system for frequency management in communications
This paper presents a system to determine the best available radio communications channel. Two Knowledge-Based Expert Systems choose this channel, based on real-time measurements, prediction information and operator experience.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adams, J.B. (1976). "A Probability Model of Medical Reasoning and the MYCIN Model", Mathematical Biosciences, Vol.32, pp.177–186.Google Scholar
- Clarke, R.H. (1980) "A Frequency-Management Technique for HF SKywave Communications Based On CW Soundings", Dept. of Defence — DSTO, Commonwealth of Australia, May.Google Scholar
- Davis, R., Buchanan, B.G. and Shortliffe, E.H. (1977). "Production Systems as a representation for a knowledge-based consultation program", Artificial Intelligence, Vol.8, No.1, pp.15–45.Google Scholar
- Dept. of Science. (1985) "IPS Radio and Space Services — User Training Manual", Commonwealth of Australia, December.Google Scholar
- Dept. of Science and Technology. (1984) "Ionospheric Prediction Service Handbook-H8, Description of Services:, Commonwealth of Australia, April.Google Scholar
- George, P.L. & Halligan R.J. (1985) "Techniques for Realtime HF Channel Evaluation in Aid of Optimised Data Transmission", IEE Conference Publication Number 245. HF Communications Systems and Techniques, 26–28 February.Google Scholar
- Hood, S.T. & Mason, K.P. (1986) "Knowledge-based Systems for Real-Time Applications", Proc. Second Australian Conference on Applications of Expert Systems, pp 110–137, NSW Institute of Technology, Sydney.Google Scholar
- Mack, A.J. (1987) "The Design of a Practical Expert System", Advanced Engineering Laboratory, Dept. of Defence — DSTO, Commonwealth of Australia, June.Google Scholar
- Marlin, C. (1986) "Using Expert Systems in Crisis Management", Department of Computer Science, Adelaide University, Published and presented at Techsearch seminar "Applying Intelligent Knowledge-Based Systems to Industrial Problems", Dec. 1986.Google Scholar