An intelligent system for automatic fire detection in forests
Fire detection is a very important problem today due to the economical, ecological and naturalistic value of forests for our world. In this paper it is presented a system that detects fire and operates in real-time by using some TV cameras, suitably placed in the external environment.
The detection is obtained through a completely new approach based on the dynamic evolution of fire smokes classified by means of Artificial Intelligence techniques.
KeywordsFire Detection Artificial Intelligence Technique White Blob Automatic Fire Detection Refutation Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).J.R. Stearns et alii, "Airborne infrared observation and analysis of a large forest fire", Applied Optics, vol.25 n.15, August 1986.Google Scholar
- (2).H.J. Shaw, "Development of a Canadian infrared forest fire mapping Operational Program", Fifth. Int.Symp. on Remote Sensing of Environment, MI, May 1981.Google Scholar
- (3).G. Carraro Moda, "Gli incendi boschivi", Edizione DEI, Roma 1987.Google Scholar
- (4).K.W. Pratt, "Digital Image Processing", Wiley&Sons, New York 1978.Google Scholar
- (5).V Cappellini, "Elaborazione numerica delle immagini", Boringhieri, Torino 1985.Google Scholar
- (6).R. Jain, "Difference and accumulative difference pictures in dynamic scene analysis", Imagine and Computer Vision, vol.2 n.2, May 1984.Google Scholar
- (7).A. Mecocci, "Moving Object Detection and Classification in Real World Scenes", Proc. Int. Work. on Time-Varying Image Processing and Moving Object Recognition, Florence, Sept. 1986.Google Scholar
- (8).L. Mattii, "Riconoscimento automatico degli incendi boschivi", Tesi di laurea, Firenze 1988.Google Scholar
- (9).E. Rich, "Intelligenza artificiale", Mc Graw-Hill, Milano 1986.Google Scholar
- (10).E. Mendelson, "Introduzione alla logica matematica", Boringhieri, Torino 1972.Google Scholar
- (11).N.J. Nilsson, "Principles of Artificial Intelligence", Tioga, Palo Alto, California 1980.Google Scholar