A spectral analysis-based signature verification system
An automatic signature-verification system based upon one-dimensional frequency-analysis of the signature and suitable for real-time computer processing is presented. Sets of both valid and forged signatures are analyzed for their harmonic content and some features are selected that exhibits strong true/forged discriminating power.
The performance of the system proposed is described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Duvernoy and D. Charraut; "Stability and Stationarity of Cursive Handwriting"; Pattern Recognition Vol. 1, Pergamon Press 1979.Google Scholar
- H. D. Crane and J. S. Ostrem; "Automatic Signature Verification Using a Three-Axis Force-Sensitive Pen"; IEEE Trans on System Man and Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-13, No. 3, May 1983.Google Scholar
- W. F. Nemcek and W. C. Lin; "Experimental Investigation of Automatic Signature Verification"; IEEE Trans. on System Man and Cybernetics, Jan. 1974.Google Scholar
- J. D. Foley and A. Van Dam; "Fundamentals of Interactive Computer Graphics"; Edit by Addison-Wesley Publishing Company 1983.Google Scholar
- S. Impedovo et al.; "Real Time Recognition of Hand Traced Contours and its Dependence on Writing Speed Fluctuation"; in Proc. INFORMATICA 1976 Yugoslav Int. Symp. Information Processing 1976.Google Scholar
- T. Pavlidis; "Algorithms for Graphics and Image Processing"; Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg 1982.Google Scholar
- J. S. Weszda and A. Rosenfeld; "Histogram Modification for Threshold Selection"; IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol SMC-9, No. 1, Jan 1979.Google Scholar
- S. Impedovo; "Plane Curve Classification Through Fourier Descriptors — an Application to Arabic Hand-Written Numeral Recognition"; IEEE Computer Soc. Press Proc. of the 7-th ICPR, Aug. 1984.Google Scholar
- J. W. Cooley, P. A. W. Lewis and P.D. Walch; "The Fast Fourier Transform and its Applications"; IEEE Trans. Educ. Vol E-12, No.1, Mar. 1969.Google Scholar
- G. M. Granlund, "Fourier Preprocessing for Hand Printed Character Recognition"; IEEE Trans. on Computers, Vol. C-21, Feb. 1972.Google Scholar
- J. T. Tou and R.C. Gonzales; "Pattern Recognition Principles"; Addison — Wesley Publishing Company 1974.Google Scholar