HCDM/GSDS — A design environment for real-time software with automatic program generation
This paper presents a report on the research project HCDM/GSDS. HCDM/GSDS represents one of the first real-time software design environments used in industrial development projects which allow completely automatic program generation from design. The design method HCDM for real-time software and the prototype tools for its support — GSDS — are described in detail. Requirements for future Software Engineering Environments are derived from the experience of the application of HCDM/GSDS.
KeywordsCHILL design method distributed system finite state machine message communication process control software program generation real-time software software design environment software engineering environment.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Atl88]M. Atlevi: SDT “The SDL Design Tool”, FORTE 88, Participants Proceedings, pp. 55–59, September 1988Google Scholar
- [Bar86]S. Barra, O. Ghisio, M. Modesti: Experience and Problems of Applications of Automatic Translations from SDL Specifications into CHILL Implementations, IEE, 6th International Conference on Software Engineering for Telecommunication Switching Systems, Eindhoven, April 1986Google Scholar
- [Ber87]S. Berr, R. Welland, I. Sommerville: Softare Design Automation in an IPSE, in H.K. Nichols, D. Simpson (Eds.): ESEC 87: 1st European Software Engineering Conference Strasbourg, France, Springer LNCS 289, pp. 89–97, September 1987Google Scholar
- [CCI85a]CCITT: Functional Specification and Description Language (SDL), Recommendations Z.100–Z.104, Red Book Vol. VI, Fasc. VI.10, Annexes to Recommendations Z.100–Z.104, Red Book Vol. VI, Fasc. VI.11, Geneva 1985Google Scholar
- [CCI85b]CCITT: CCITT High Level Language (CHILL), Recommendations Z.200, Red Book Vol.VI, Fasc. VI.12, Geneva 1985Google Scholar
- [Fas89]M. Fastenbauer, H. Saria: HCDM/GSDS — Experiences with CASE for Telecom Systems, IEE 7th International Conference on Software Engineering for Telecommunication Switching Systems, Bournemouth, July 1989 (forthcoming)Google Scholar
- [Hru87]P. Hruschka: ProMod at the age of 5, in H.K. Nichols, D. Simpsom (Eds.): ESEC 87: 1st European Software Engineering Conference Strasbourg, France, Springer LNCS 289, pp. 288–296, September 1987Google Scholar
- [Jac87]L.N. Jackson, K.E. Cheng, T.S. Choong, R.S.V. Pascoe: Melba at the Age of Eight: An Automatic Code Generation System, Proceedings of 3rd SDL Forum, pp.34–1 to 34–13, The Hague, April 1987Google Scholar
- [The86]N. Theuretzbacher: HCDM: A Hierarchical Design Method for CHILL based Systems, Proceedings of 1986 International Zurich Seminar on Digital Communications, IEEE Catalogue No. 86CH2277-2, pp.163–169Google Scholar
- [Tic87]W.F. Tichy, F.J. Newbery: Knowledge-based Editors for Directed Graphs, in H.K. Nichols, D. Simpsom (Eds.): ESEC 87: 1st European Software Engineering Conference Strasbourg, France, Springer LNCS 289, pp. 101–109, September 1987Google Scholar
- [Vef87]E. Vefsnmo: DASOM — A SDL-tool, Proceedings of 3rd SDL Forum, pp.4–1 to 4–10, The Hague, April 1987Google Scholar
- [Wol87]T. Wolf: HCDM/GSDS User Manual, Software Version GSDS 1.1, Alcatel Austria-ELIN Research Centre, Internal Report, March 1987Google Scholar