Concurrent processes with synchronization: Net and algebraic approach
The paper consists of two parts. The first one deals with the net formalism (OS-nets) to specify concurrent processes with synchronization. Some results of deadlock detection for OS-nets based on analysing the net structure are established.
However, an algebraic approach to specify concurrent processes with synchronization and analyse their properties seems more promising and convenient. The second part of the paper is devoted to the algebra of finite concurrent processes with synchronization and its axiomatization.
KeywordsPartial Order Algebraic Approach Critical Section Concurrent Process Denotational Semantic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B79]Best E. The relative strength of K-density. LNCS, Vol. 84, 1980, p. 261–276.Google Scholar
- [Ch88]Cherkasova L.A. On Models and Algebras for Concurrent Processes. LNCS, vol. 324, p.27–43, 1988.Google Scholar
- [GR88]Goltz U., Reisig W. Processes of place-transition-nets. LNCS, Vol. 154, 1983, p. 264–277.Google Scholar
- [Kot79]Kotov V.E. An algebra for parallelism based on Petri Nets. LNCS, Vol. 64, p. 39–55, 1979.Google Scholar
- [KCh84]Kotov V.E., Cherkasova L.A. On structural properties of generalized processes. — LNCS, Vol. 188, 1984, p. 288–306.Google Scholar
- [NPW79]Nielsen M., Plotkin G., Winskel G. Petri Nets, Event Structures and Domains. LNCS, Vol. 70, 1979, p. 266–284.Google Scholar
- [P81]Peterson J.G. Petri net theory and the modelling of systems. Prentice-Hall Inc., N.Y., 1981, 290 p.Google Scholar
- [Pet77]Petri C.A. Non-sequential Processes. — ISF-Report-77.05, St. Augustin: Gesellschaft fur Mathematik und Datenverarbeitung, 1977, 31 p.Google Scholar
- [Pr87]Pratt V.R. Modelling Concurrency with Partial Orders. — International Journal of Parallel Programming, Vol. 15, No 1, 1987, p. 33–71.Google Scholar