EULE+: An Object-Oriented Authoring and Learner System
The deficiencies of current authoring and learner systems lead to the development of a new authoring and learner system. This paper presents the features of this system, which is called EULE+.
The basic concepts of EULE+ is the object-oriented approach. Beyond it many concepts are integrated which are known from other fields such as CAD, HYPERTEXT, OOPS, IR, Simulation and Animation. The main challenge with EULE+ is the integration of all these different concepts to a high level author- and learner system and the consequential usage of object-oriented concepts in the functionalities for the author and learner.
KeywordsComputer Assisted Learning (CAL) Authoring and Learner Systems (ALS) Object-Oriented Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AND_85]J. R. Anderson, B. J. Reiser The LISP Tutor BYTE, April 1985Google Scholar
- [DED_86]C. Dede A review and synthesis of recent research in intelligent computer-assisted instruction Int. J. Man-Machine Studies (1986) 24Google Scholar
- [FAN_88]K. Fankhänel, G. Schlageter, W. Stern Lehrsysteme für Personal Computer Autoren-und Tutorsysteme — University of Hagen, West Germany 1988Google Scholar
- [GAR_85]J. Garrat, F. Huber, H. Huemer AUTOOL: Ein BTX-orientiertes Autorensystem University of Graz-IIG, Report 206 Austria 1985Google Scholar
- [GAR_87]J. Garrat, F. Huber AUTOOL Version 2 Reference Manual University of Graz-IIG, Report 237 Austria 1987Google Scholar
- [HUB_88a]F. Huber, F. Makedon, H. Maurer HyperCOSTOC: A Comprehensive Computer-Based Teaching Support System University of Graz-IIG Report 258, Oct. 1988Google Scholar
- [HUB_88b]F. Huber A proposal for an authoring system avoiding common errors in tutorial lessons University of Graz-IIG Report 265, Dez. 1988Google Scholar
- [YAZ_86]M. Yazdani Intelligent tutoring systems: An overview expert systems, 1986, Vol3. No.3Google Scholar