Covering radius: Improving on the sphere-covering bound
Currently, the best general lower bound for the covering radius of a code is the sphere covering bound. For binary linear codes, the paper presents a new method to detect cases in which this bound is not attained.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.A. Brualdi, V.S. Pless and R.M. Wilson, "Short Codes with a Given Covering Radius", to appear in IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory.Google Scholar
- 2.A.R. Calderbank and N.J.A. Sloane, "Inequalities for Covering Codes", to appear in IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory.Google Scholar
- 3.G.D. Cohen, M.G. Karpovsky, H.F. Mattson, Jr. and J.R. Schatz, "Covering Radius — Survey and Recent Results", IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. IT-31, pp. 328–343, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.R.L. Graham and N.J.A. Sloane, "On the Covering Radius of Codes", IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. IT-31, pp. 385–401, 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Simonis, "The Minimal Covering Radius t[15,6] of a 6-Dimensional Binary Linear Code of Length 15 is Equal to 4", to appear in IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory.Google Scholar