Extensions and comparison of simplification orderings
•Known orderings will be newly defined.
•New ordering methods will be introduced: We will extend existing orderings by adding the principle of status (see [KL80]).
•The comparison of the power as well as the time behaviour of all orderings will be discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AGGMS87]J. Avenhaus, R. Göbel, B. Gramlich, K. Madlener, J. Steinbach 1987: TRSPEC: A Term Rewriting Based System for Algebraic Specifications, Proc. 1st Int. Workshop on Conditional Rewriting Systems, LNCS 308, Orsay, 245–248Google Scholar
- [Da88]M. Dauchet 1988: Termination of rewriting is undecidable in the one rule case, Proc. 14th Mathematical foundations of computer science, LNCS 324, Carlsbad, 262–268Google Scholar
- [De85]N. Dershowitz 1985: Termination, Proc. 1st RTA, LNCS 202, Dijon, 180–224Google Scholar
- [De82]N. Dershowitz 1982: Orderings for term rewriting systems, J. Theor. Comp. Sci., Vol. 17, No. 3, 279–301Google Scholar
- [JLR82]J.-P. Jouannaud, P. Lescanne, F. Reinig: Recursive decomposition ordering, I.F.I.P. Working Conf. on Formal Description of Programming Concepts II, North Holland, Garmisch Partenkirchen, 331–348Google Scholar
- [KB70]D. E. Knuth, P. B. Bendix: Simple word problems in universal algebras, Computational problems in abstract algebra, Pergamon Press, 263–297Google Scholar
- [KL80]S. Kamin, J.-J. Lévy: Attempts for generalizing the recursive path orderings, Unpublished manuscript, Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of IllinoisGoogle Scholar
- [KNS85]D. Kapur, P. Narendran, G. Sivakumar 1985: A path ordering for proving termination of term rewriting systems, Proc. 10th CAAP, LNCS 185, 173–187Google Scholar
- [La79]D. S. Lankford 1979: On proving term rewriting systems are noetherian, Memo MTP-3, Mathematics Dept., Louisiana Tech. Univ., RustonGoogle Scholar
- [La77]D. S. Lankford 1977: Some approaches to equality for computational logic: A survey and assessment, Report ATP-36, Depts. of Mathematics and Computer Science, Univ. of Texas, AustinGoogle Scholar
- [Le84]P. Lescanne 1984: Uniform termination of term rewriting systems — the recursive decomposition ordering with status, Proc. 9th CAAP, Cambridge University Press, Bordeaux, 182–194Google Scholar
- [Ma87]U. Martin 1987: How to choose the weights in the Knuth-Bendix ordering, Proc. 2nd RTA, LNCS 256, Bordeaux, 42–53Google Scholar
- [Pl78]D. A. Plaisted: A recursively defined ordering for proving termination of term rewriting systems, Report UIUCDCS-R-78-943, Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of IllinoisGoogle Scholar
- [Ru87]M. Rusinowitch 1987: Path of subterms ordering and recursive decomposition ordering revisited, J. Symbolic Computation 3 (1 & 2), 117–131Google Scholar
- [Si87]C. C. Sims 1987: Verifying nilpotence, J. Symbolic Computation 3 (1 & 2), 231–247Google Scholar
- [St88a]J. Steinbach: Term orderings with status, SEKI REPORT SR-88-12, Artificial Intelligence Laboratories, Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of KaiserslauternGoogle Scholar
- [St88b]J. Steinbach: Comparison of simplification orderings, SEKI REPORT SR-88-02. Artificial Intelligence Laboratories, Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of KaiserslauternGoogle Scholar
- [St86]J. Steinbach: Orderings for term rewriting systems, M.S. thesis, Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of Kaiserslautern (in German)Google Scholar