Self-checking processing elements in cellular arrays
In this paper we have presented a method to detect errors in cellular arrays. Space limitation of cellular processors forced us to look at the approaches whose overhead is as little as possible. Therefore, we have shown some simple examples for self-checking processing elements where we managed to get reasonable results in additional space and time. Cellular programs using self-checking PEs as building blocks ensure higher reliability of cellprocessors. We hope that this concept will lead to new results in cost-effective fault-tolerance procedures for various applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Katona E.: A programming language for cellular processors. Proceedings of "Parallel Computing '85", Berlin (West), 1986.Google Scholar
- Katona E.: A software realization of an associative storage in a cellprocessor and its applications. Proceedings of Second Braunschweig Cellular Meeting, Informatik-Skripten 2, 1982.Google Scholar
- Legendi T.: Cellprocessor in computer architecture. Computational Linguistics and Computer Languages, 11 (1977), 147–167.Google Scholar
- Toth N.: Fault tolerant programming of a two-layer cellular array. Proceedings of PARCELLA'86, North-Holland, 1987, 101–108.Google Scholar
- J. Wakerly: Error detecting codes, self-checking circuits and applications, Alsevier North-Holland, 1978.Google Scholar