Software support for the refinement of VDM specifications
A tool set is described which supports the use of VDM in software development. The tool set aids the user both in the construction of VDM specifications and in the refinement of such specifications. A proof checker is included which checks the correctness of the associated proofs. Design decisions necessary to allow automated support of the refinement process are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Gray 87]D.T. Gray, "A Pedagogical Verification Condition Generator", The Computer Journal, Vol. 30 No. 3, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Johnson 78]S.C. Johnson, "YACC: Yet Another Compiler-Compiler", in UNIX Programmer's Manual, by B.W. Kernighan and M.D. McIlroy, Bell Laboratories, 1978, Seventh Edition.Google Scholar
- [Jones 86]C.B. Jones, Systematic Software Development Using VDM, Prentice-Hall International, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Olsen 87]A. Olsen, User Manual for TFL's META-IV tool, Telecommunication Research Laboratory, Copenhagen, Denmark.Google Scholar
- [Prehn 87]S. Prehn, "From VDM to RAISE," VDM — A Formal Method at Work, VDM-Europe Symposium, edited by D. Bjorner et al, LNCS vol. 252, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Woodcock 88]J.C.P. Woodcock and B. Dickinson, "Using VDM with Rely and Guarantee-Connditions: Experiences from a Real Project", Refinement Workshop, King's Manor, University of York, 1987.Google Scholar