PV: An Explicit Enumeration Model-Checker
PV (Protocol Veri.er) is an explicit enumeration based modelchecker for verifying finite state systems for next-time free LTL (LTL-X) properties. It implements a new partial order reduction algorithm, called Two-phase, that works in conjunction with selective caching to combat the state explosion problem faced by model-checkers.
KeywordsState Graph Linear Temporal Logic Cache Line Home Node Distribute Shared Memory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.William R. Bryg, Kenneth K. Chan, and Nicholas S. Fiduccia. A high-performance, low-cost multiprocessor bus for workstations and midrange servers. Hewlett-Packard Journal, pages 18–24, February 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.John B. Carter, Chen-Chi Kuo, and Ravindra Kuramkote. A comparison of software and hardware synchronization mechanisms for distributed shared memory multiprocessors. Technical Report UUCS-96-011, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, September 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Courcoubetis, M. Vardi, P. Wolper, and M. Yannakakis. Memory efficient algorithms for the verification of temporal properties. In Computer Aided Verification, pages 233–242, June 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Gopalakrishnan, R. Ghughal, R. Hosabettu, A. Mokkedem, and R. Nalumasu. Formal modeling and validation applied to a commercial coherent bus: A case study. In Hon F. Li and David K. Probst, editors, CHARME, Montreal, Canada, 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.Gerard Holzmann. Design and Validation of Computer Protocols. Prentice Hall, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.Gerard Holzmann and Doron Peled. An improvement in formal verification. In Proceedings of Formal Description Techniques, Bern, Switzerland, October 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.Gerard J. Holzmann and Doron Peled. The state of Spin. In Rajeev Alur and Thomas A. Henzinger, editors, Computer Aided Verification, volume 1102 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 385–389, New Brunswick, New Jersey, July 1996. Springer-Verlag. Tool demo.Google Scholar
- 9.Ratan Nalumasu and Ganesh Gopalakrishnan. A partial order reduction algorithm without the proviso. Technical Report UUCS-98-017, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, August 1998.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Tarjan. Depth-first search and linear graph algorithms. SIAM Journal on Computing, 1(2):146–160, June 1972.Google Scholar