K Open image in new window: A Theorem Prover for K
- 313 Downloads
Nonclassical propositional logics play an increasing role in computer science. They are used in model checking, verification, and knowledge representation. Traditional decision procedures for these logics are based on semantic tableaux [6,7,1], SAT-based methods , or translation into classical logic . In this system abstract we overview the system K Open image in new window that implements the tableau method and the less traditional inverse method for propositional modal logic K.
KeywordsModal Logic Decision Procedure Description Logic Inverse Method Sequent Calculus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Baader and B. Hollunder. A terminological knowledge representation system with complete inference algorithms. In H. Boley and M.M. Richter, editors, Processing Declarative Knowledge (Proceedings of the International Workshop PDK’91, volume 567 of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pages 67–86. Springer Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.F. Giunchiglia and R. Sebastiani. Building decision procedures for modal logics from propositional decision procedures: Case study of modal K. In M.A. McRobbie and J.K. Slaney, editors, CADE-13, volume 1104 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 583–597, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.I. Horrocks and P.F. Patel-Schneider. FaCT and DLP. In H. de Swart, editor, Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods, International Conference, TABLEAUX’98, volume 1397 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 27–30, Oisterwijk, The Netherlands, May 1998. Springer Verlag.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.I. Horrocks and P.F. Patel-Schneider. Optimising description logic subsumption. Journal of Logic and Computation, 1999. To appear.Google Scholar
- 8.U. Hustadt and R. Schmidt. On evaluating decision procedures for modal logic. In IJCAI-97, volume 1, pages 202–207, 1997.Google Scholar
- 9.U. Hustadt and R.A. Schmidt. Simplification and backjumping in modal tableau. In H. de Swart, editor, TABLEAUX’98, volume 1397 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 187–201, 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.U. Hustadt and R.A. Schmidt. On the relation of resolution and tableaux proof systems for description logics. In IJCAI-99, 1999. To appear.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Yu. Maslov. An inverse method for establishing deducibility of nonprenex formulas of the predicate calculus. In J. Siekmann and G. Wrightson, editors, Automation of Reasoning (Classical papers on Computational Logic), volume 2, pages 48–54. Springer Verlag, 1983.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Voronkov. Theorem proving in non-standard logics based on the inverse method. In D. Kapur, editor, 11th International Conference on Automated Deduction, volume 607 of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pages 648–662, 1992.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Voronkov. A bottom-up decision procedure for propositional K: theory and implementation. 1999. To be submitted.Google Scholar