Optimization over k-set Polytopes and Efficient k-set Enumeration
- 543 Downloads
We present two versions of an algorithm based on the reverse search technique for enumerating all k-sets of a point set in ℝ d . The key elements include the notion of a k-set polytope and the optimization of a linear function over a k-set polytope. In addition, we obtain several results related to the k-set polytopes. Among others, we show that the 1-skeleton of a k-set polytope restricted to vertices corresponding to the affine k-sets is not always connected.
KeywordsVoronoi Diagram Unique Path Total Time Complexity Reverse Search Linear Inequality System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ABFK92]Noga Alon, Imre Bárány, Zoltán Füredi, and Daniel J. Kleitman. Point selections and weak ∈-nets for convex hulls. Combinatorics, Probability and Computing, 1992.Google Scholar
- [AW97a]Artur Andrzejak and Emo Welzl. k-sets and j-facets-A tour of discrete geometry. In preparation, 1997.Google Scholar
- [AW97b]Artur Andrzejak and Emo Welzl. Relations between numbers of k-sets and numbers of j-facets. In preparation, 1997.Google Scholar
- [KM93]Nikolai M. Korneenko and Horst Martini. Hyperplane Approximations and Related Topics. Pach, János (ed.): New trends in discrete and computational geometry. Algorithms and Combinatorics v. 10, pages 135–161. Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, New York, 1993.Google Scholar
- [OSS95]Thomas Ottmann, Sven Schuierer, and Subbiah Soundaralakshmi. Enumerating Extreme Points in Higher Dimensions. Proceedings of 12th Annual Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS 95), Munich, Germany, March 1995, LNCS 900, pages 562–570. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, New York, 1995.Google Scholar