A Polyhedral Approach to Surface Reconstruction from Planar Contours
We investigate the problem of reconstruction a surface given its contours on parallel slices. We present a branch-and-cut algorithm which computes the surface with the minimal area. This surface is assumed to be the best reconstruction since a long time. Nevertheless there were no algorithms to compute this surface. Our experiments show that the running time of our algorithm is very reasonable and that the computed surfaces are highly similar to the original surfaces.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ABACUS-A Branch And CUt System. http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/ls_juenger/projects/abacus.html.
- 2.Dr. Gill Barequet’s home page. http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/barequet/.
- 3.CGAL-Computational Geometry Algorithms Library. http://www.cgal.org.
- 4.Siu-Wing Cheng and Tamal K. Dey. Improved constructions of delaunay based contour surfaces. In Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Solid Modeling and Applications, pages 322–323, 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.CPLEX. http://www.cplex.com.
- 6.C. Fink. Oberflächenrekonstruktion von planaren Konturen. Master’s thesis, Universität des Saarlandes, 2001.Google Scholar
- 11.LEDA (Library of Efficient Data Types and Algorithms). http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/LEDA/leda.html.
- 12.SCIL-Symbolic Constraints for Integer Linear programming. http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/SCIL.
- 15.XPRESS. http://www.dash.co.uk/.