- 264 Downloads
This report describes the results of a one-day workshop on Generative Programming (GP) at ECOOP’01. The goal of the workshop was to discuss the state-of-the-art of generative programming, share experience, consolidate successful techniques, discuss the relation of GP to object-oriented programming and other emerging approaches such as Aspect-Oriented Programming or Multidimensional Decomposition, and identify open issues for future work. This report gives a summary of the workshop contributions, debates, and the identified future directions.
KeywordsDesign Pattern Generative Programming Partial Evaluation Software Product Line Code Fragment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Alexandrescu. Modern C+ + Design. In: IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. Addison-Wesley, Boston, MA, 2000Google Scholar
- 2.Paul G. Bassett. Framing Software Reuse: Lessons form the Real World. Prentice-Hall, 1997Google Scholar
- 3.K. Czarnecki and U. Eisenecker. Generative Programming: Methods, Tools, and Applications. Addison-Wesley, Boston, MA, 2000Google Scholar
- 4.J. C. Cleaveland. Program Generators with XML and Java. Prentice-Hall, XML Book Series, 2001Google Scholar
- 6.E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J. Vlissides. Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1994Google Scholar
- 7.J. Gosling, B. Joy, G. Steele, and G. Bracha. The Java (TM) Language Specification, Second Edition. Addison-Wesley, 2000Google Scholar
- 8.N. Jones, C. Gomard, and P. Sestoft. Partial Evaluation and Automatic Program Generation. Prentice-Hall, 1993Google Scholar
- 9.U. Schultz. Object-Oriented Software Engineering Using Partial Evaluation. PhD thesis, University of Rennes I, Dec. 2000Google Scholar
- 10.C. Simonyi. The Death of Computer Languages, The Birth of Intentional Programming. Technical Report MSR-TR-95-52, Microsoft Research, 1995Google Scholar
- 11.T. Veldhuizen. C++ templates as partial evaluation. In ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Partial Evaluation and Semantics-Based Program Manipulation (PEPM’98), ACM Press, 1999, pp. 13–18Google Scholar
- 12.E. Volanschi, C. Consel, G. Muller, and C. Cowan. Declarative specialization of object-oriented programs. In OOPSLA’97 Conference Proceedings, ACM Press, 1997, pp. 286–300Google Scholar