Object-Oriented Specification with the Parallel Multi-Label-Selective λ-calculus
LCEP is a calculus for modeling concurrent systems. The efforts to use it to represent object-oriented features have been successfully treated in previous papers, but some of the problems are unsolved for the lacks of the initial calculus. We present LCMEP, an extension of LCEP which is able to represent the operational semantics of π-calculus and it supports also the commendable characteristics of λ-calculus. By using the power of the calculus, it is possible to represent object-oriented programming language features. We present an operational semantics for a parallel object-oriented programming language by means of a phraseby- phrase translation from the language into LCMEP.
KeywordsConcurrency Extensions of λ-calculus Object-Orientation Process Algebra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Aït-Kaci and J. Garrigue. Label-Selective λ-Calculus: Syntax and Confluence. In Proc. of the 13 th Int. Conf. on Foundations of Software Technology and T.C.S., volume 761 of LNCS. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.P. America, J. de Bakker, J. Kok, and J. Rutten. Operational Semantics of a Parallel Object-Oriented language. In Proc. of the 13 th Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pages 194–208, 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.P. America and J. Rutten. A parallel object-oriented language: design and semantic foundations, pages 1–49. Willey Series in Parallel Computing. J. W. de Bakker, 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Berry and G. Boudol. The Chemical Abstract Machine. In Proc. of 20 th ACM Annual Symp. on P. P. L., pages 81–93, ACM Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.L. Climent, M. L. Llorens, and J. Oliver. Building an interpreter for label-selective λ-calculus. In B. Clares, editor, Proc. of II Jornadas de Informática, pages 325–334. Asociaciön Española de Informática y Automática, Almuñecar (Spain), 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.C. Herrero and J. Oliver. Object-oriented parallel label-selective λ-calculus. BRICS Notes Series (NS-98-5), pages 7–15, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.C. Herrero and J. Oliver. Parallel multi-label-selective λ-Calculus: An object-oriented proposal. Technical Report DSIC-II/10/99, UPV, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Milner. The polyadic π-calculus: A tutorial. In F. L. Brauer, W. Bauer, and H. Schwichtenberg, editors, Logic and Algebra of Specifications. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Oliver. Extension of λ-calculus for Modelling Concurrent Processes. PhD thesis, DSIC (UPV), 1996.Google Scholar