On Detecting Unsteady Demand in Mobile Networking Environment
One of the key issues in mobile communication system is how to predict the number of calls per each cell. It is an important parameter and usually assumed as random Poisson value. For effective management of cellular network, the average number of calls should be traced and the changes in the numbers need to be promptly detected. In this paper we propose an algorithm detecting the changes in the behavior of the users using the technique proposed for point-of-change problem based only on the number of call arrivals. Computer simulation reveals that the proposed method can effectively detect the discord, and the developed model is very accurate as showing mostly less than 1% differences.
- 1.W. Lee, Mobile Cellular Telecommunications: analog and digital systems, Second Edition, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Thomas, H. Gilbert, and G. Mazziotto, “Influence of the Movement of Mobile Station on the Performance of the Radio Cellular Network,” Proceeding of the 3rd Nordic Seminar, Copenhagen, September 1988.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Molloy, Fundamentals of Performance Modeling, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1988.Google Scholar
- 11.D.E. Knuth, The art of computer programming, 3rd ed., v. 2, pp. 137, Addison-Wesley, 1998.Google Scholar
- 12.S.M. Ermakov and G.A. Michaelov, Statistics modelling, oscow: Nauka, 1982 (in Russian).Google Scholar