An Algorithm for Formation and Confirmation of Password for Paid Members on the Internet-Based Telemedicine
The password for membership management is made by integrating the information on the paid site, the ID, and the expiration date for the paid period. First, a value of 100 is added to a unique letter from the paid site and to the ASCII code value of the first letter of the ID, and then the ending date is added. Using this method, the passwords for paid members are created and given to the members by mail. This method needs just another password field for paid members added to the previous membership management DB. Even if more sites are formed, it is not necessary to add another field again.
KeywordsEnding Date Expiration Date English Letter ASCII Code Customer Database
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.PACS pages: Eric John Finegan’s PACS / Telemedicine Resource page., http://www.dejarnette.com/dfinegan/pacspage.htm.
- 2.TF Gotwald, M Daniaux, A Stoeger, R Knapp and D zur Nedden, “The value of the World Wide Web for tele-education in radiology”,Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, VOLUME 6NUMBER 1 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Elizabeth Krupinski Ph.D.; Phyllis Webster; Mary Dolliver; Ronald S. Weinstein M.D.; Ana Maria Lopez M.D.,M.P.H., “Efficiency Analysis of a Multi-Specialty Telemedicine Service”, Telemedicine Journal, Volume 5Number 3, 1999.Google Scholar
- 4.D.J. Hwang, Seok. S. Kim “Development of Telemedicine which is a CBM based Collaborative Multimedia System on LAN Environment”, The transactions of the korea information processing society v.4,n.5 pp.1153–1161 May 1997.Google Scholar
- 5.Kilgore C (Dec 1999) Patients take the wheel with internet health records. Telehealth Magazine 5(7): 7–8. vol 5,no.7, 2000, Dec.Google Scholar
- 6.“Telemedicine Coming of Age”, The Telemedicine Research Center Home Page, URL: http://trc.telemed.org/, 2000.
- 7.Hotmail Information, frequently Asked Question,http://lc3.law13.hotmail.passport.com/cgi-bin/dasp/hminfo_shell.asp?_lang=EN&content=faq.
- 8.SPEKE: A Strong Password Method http://world.std.com/~dpj/speke.html.