Online Routing in Triangulations
We consider online routing strategies for routing between the vertices of embedded planar straight line graphs. Our results include (1) two deterministic memoryless routing strategies, one that works for all Delaunay triangulations and the other that works for all regular tri- angulations, (2) a randomized memoryless strategy that works for all triangulations, (3) an O(1) memory strategy that works for all convex subdivisions, (4) an O(1) memory strategy that approximates the short- est path in Delaunay triangulations, and (5) theoretical and experimental results on the competitiveness of these strategies.
KeywordsVoronoi Diagram Competitive Ratio Delaunay Triangulation Memory Strategy Voronoi Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. A. Bondy and U. S. R. Murty. Graph Theory with Applications. Elsevier North-Holland, 1976.Google Scholar
- P. Bose and P. Morin. Online routing in triangulations. Available online at http://www.scs.carleton.ca/ morin, 1999.
- P. Bose, P. Morin, I. Stojmenović, and J. Urrutia. Routing with guaranteed delivery in ad hoc wireless networks. In Proceedings of Discrete Algorithms and Methods for Mobility (DIALM’99), 1999. To appear.Google Scholar
- E. Kranakis, H. Singh, and J. Urrutia. Compass routing on geometric networks. In Proceedings of the 11th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG’99), 1999. To appear.Google Scholar
- X. Lin and I. Stojmenović. Geographic distance routing in ad hoc wireless networks. Technical Report TR-98-10, SITE, University of Ottawa, December 1998.Google Scholar
- A. Okabe, B. Boots, and K. Sugihara. Spatial Tesselations: Concepts and Applications of Voronoi Diagrams. John Wiley and Sons, 1992.Google Scholar
- Franco P. Preparata and Michael Ian Shamos. Computational Geometry. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1985.Google Scholar
- Günter M. Ziegler. Lectures on Polytopes. Number 154 in Graduate Texts in Mathematics. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1994.Google Scholar