Hybrid Systems Verification by Location Elimination
In this paper we propose a verification method for hybrid systems that is based on a successive elimination of the various system locations involved. Briefly, with each such elimination we compute a weakest precondition (strongest postcondition) on the predecessor (successor) locations such that the property to be proved cannot be violated. Experiments show that this approach is particularly interesting in cases where a standard reachability analysis would require to travel often through some of the given system locations.
KeywordsModel Check Hybrid System Predicate Symbol Reachable State Discrete Action
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ACD90]R. Alur, C. Courcoubetis, and D. L. Dill. Model checking for real-time systems. In Proceedings of the 5th Annual Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, pages 414–425, 1990.Google Scholar
- [ACHH93]R. Alur, C. Courcoubetis, T. A. Henzinger, and P.-H. Ho. Hybrid automata: An algorithmic approach to the specification and verification of hybrid systems. In R. L. Grossman, A. Nerode, A. P. Ravn, and H. Rischel, editors, Hybrid Systems, pages 209–229. Springer Verlag, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 736, 1993.Google Scholar
- [AHS96]R. Alur, T. A. Henzinger, and E. Sontag, editors. Hybrid Systems III. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- [GNRR93]R. L. Grossman, A. Nerode, A. P. Ravn, and H. Rischel, editors. Hybrid Systems. Springer Verlag, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 736, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Hen96]T. A. Henzinger. The theory of hybrid automata. In Proceedings of the 11th LICS, pages 278–292. IEEE Comp. Soc. Press, 1996.Google Scholar
- [HNSY92]T. A. Henzinger, X. Nicollin, J. Sifakis, and S. Yovine. Symbolic model checking for real-time systems. In Proceedings of the 7th Annual Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, pages 394–406. IEEE Computer Society Press, New York, 1992.Google Scholar
- [NOS99]Andreas Nonnengart, Hans Jürgen Ohlbach, and Andrzej Szałas. Elimination of predicate quantifiers. In Hans Jürgen Ohlbach and Uwe Reyle, editors, Logic, Language and Reasoning — Essays in Honour of Dov Gabbay. Kluwer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 1999. ISBN: 0-7923-5687-X.Google Scholar
- [NS95]Andreas Nonnengart and Andrzej Szałas. A fixpoint approach to second-order quantifier elimination with applications to correspondence theory. Technical Report MPI-I-95-2-007, Max-Planck-Institute for Computer Science, Saarbrücken, Germany, March 1995. Available via: http://www.mpisb.mpg.de/.Google Scholar
- [NS99]Andreas Nonnengart and Andrzej Szalas. A fixpoint approach to second-order quantifier elimination with applications to correspondence theory. in: [Orł99], 1999.Google Scholar
- [Orł99]Ewa Orłowska, editor. Logic at Work: Essays Dedicated to the Memory of Helena Rasiowa, volume 24 of Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing. Physica-Verlag, c/o Springer Verlag, 1999. ISBN: 3-7908-1164-5.Google Scholar