Nonlinear Stabilization by Hybrid Quantized Feedback
This paper is concerned with global asymptotic stabilization of continuous-time control systems by means of quantized feedback. For linear systems, a hybrid control strategy for dealing with this problem was recently proposed by Roger Brockett and the author. The solution is based on making discrete on-line adjustments to the sensitivity of the quantizer. In the present paper we extend this method to a class of nonlinear systems.
KeywordsAsymptotic Stability Nonlinear Stabilization Global Asymptotic Stability Local Asymptotic Stability Control Lyapunov Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. W. Brockett, Hybrid models for motion control systems, in Essays on Control: Perspectives in the Theory and Its Applications (H. Trentelman and J. C. Willems, eds.), Birkhäuser, Boston, 1993, pp. 29–53.Google Scholar
- 2.R. W. Brockett, D. Liberzon, Quantized feedback stabilization of linear systems, IEEE Trans. Automat. Control, Jul 2000, to appear.Google Scholar
- 3.J.-H. Chou, S.-H. Chen, I.-R. Horng, Robust stability bound on linear time-varying uncertainties for linear digital control systems under finite wordlength effects, JSME Internat. J. Series C, vol. 39, 1996, pp. 767–771.Google Scholar
- 8.A. F. Filippov, Differential Equations with Discontinuous Righthand Sides, Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1988.Google Scholar
- 10.R. Freeman, P. V. Kokotovic, Global robustness of nonlinear systems to state measurement disturbances, in Proc. 32nd Conf. on Decision and Control, 1993, pp. 1507–1512.Google Scholar
- 11.B. Hu, Z. Feng, A. N. Michel, Quantized sampled-data feedback stabilization for linear and nonlinear control systems, in Proc. 38th Conf. on Decision and Control, 1999, pp. 4392–4397.Google Scholar
- 14.J. Raisch, Control of continuous plants by symbolic output feedback, in Hybrid Systems II (P. Antsaklis et al., eds.), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1995, pp. 370–390.Google Scholar
- 16.E. D. Sontag, Input/output and state-space stability, in New Trends in Systems Theory (G. Conte et al., eds.), Birkhäuser, Boston, 1991, pp. 684–691.Google Scholar
- 17.E. D. Sontag, Feedback insensitivity to small measurement errors, in Proc. 38th Conf. on Decision and Control, 1999, pp. 2661–2666.Google Scholar