Trust Objects in Electronic Commerce Transactions
People see trust as an important key issue in embracing electronic commerce. In this paper we review trust within the context of electronic commerce and we propose a trust model, which is based on object-oriented concepts.
KeywordsElectronic commerce trust trust objects object-oriented system TREN model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ackerman, M. Cranor, L. & Reagle, J. (1999) Privacy in E-Commerce: Examining User Scenarios and Privacy Preferences, Proceeding of the ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce, pp. 1–8, ACM Press.Google Scholar
- 2.Ahuja, V. (2000) Building Trust in Electronic Commerce, IT Pro.Google Scholar
- 3.Booch, G. Rumbaugh, J. & Jacobson, I. (1999) The Unified Modelling Language: User Guide, Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- 4.Calcanis, C. (2000) Lecture notes in Website Management & Security, South Bank University.Google Scholar
- 5.Checkland, P. (1999) Systems Thinking, Systems Practice, John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- 6.Egger, F. N. (2001) Affective Design of E-Commerce User Interfaces: How to Maximise Perceived Trustworthiness, Proceedings of the International Conference on Affective Human Factors Design, Asean Academic Press.Google Scholar
- 7.Eriksson, H. & Penker, M. (1998) UML Toolkit, John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- 8.Ferraro, A. (1998) Electronic Commerce: The Issues and Challenges to Creating Trust and a Positive Image in Consumer Sales on the World Wide Web, [Online], Available: http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue3_6/ferraro/index.html [2002, March 27].
- 9.Gollmann, D. (1999) Computer Security, John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- 10.Govier, T. (1997) Social Trust and Human Communities, McGill-Queen’s University Press.Google Scholar
- 11.Hawkins, S. Yen, D. C. & Chou, D. C. (2000) Awareness and Challenges of Internet Security, Information Management & Computer Security, Vol. 8, No. 3, MCB University Press.Google Scholar
- 12.Jones, S. Wilikens, M. Morris, P. & Masera M. (2000) Trust Requirements in E-Business: A Conceptual Framework for Understanding the Needs and Concepts of Different Stakeholders, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 43, No. 12, ACM Press.Google Scholar
- 13.Keen, P. Balance, C. Chan, S. & Schrump, S. (2000), Electronic Commerce Relationships: Trust by Design, Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- 14.Kim, K. & Prabhakar, B. (2000) Initial Trust, Perceived Risk, and the Adoption of Internet Banking, [Online], Available: http://research.is.uc.edu/bipin/Research/TrustIB.htm [2002,March 27].
- 15.McNight, D. H. & Chervany, N. L. (2000) What is Trust? A Conceptual Analysis and an Interdisciplinary Model, Proceedings of the 6th Americas Conference on Information Systems.Google Scholar
- 16.Misztal, B. A. (1996) Trust in Modern Societies, Polity Press.Google Scholar
- 17.Novak, T.P. Hoffman, D.L. & Peralta, M. (1998) Building Consumer Trust in Online Environments: The Case for Information Privacy, [Online], Available: http://elab.vanderbilt.edu/research/papers/html/manuscripts/cacm.privacy98/cacm.privacy98.htm [2002, March 27].
- 18.Papadopoulou, P. Kanellis, P. & Martakos, D. (2001) Investigating Trust in E-Commerce: A Literature Review and a Model for its Formation in Customer Relationships, Proceedings of the 7th Americas Conference on Information Systems.Google Scholar
- 19.Ratnasingham, P. & Kumar, K. (2000) Trading Partner Trust in Electronic Commerce Participation, Proceedings of the 21st International Conference in Information Systems.Google Scholar
- 20.Ratnasingham, P. (1998) The Importance of Trust in Electronic Commerce, Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy, Vol. 8, No. 4, MCB University Press.Google Scholar
- 21.Schoder D. & Yin, P. L. (2000) Building Firm Trust Online, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 43, No. 12, ACM Press.Google Scholar
- 22.Seinauer, D. D. Wakid, S. A. & Rasberry, S. (1997) Trust and Traceability in Electronic Commerce, Standard View, Vol. 5, No. 3.Google Scholar
- 23.Slovic, P. et al (2000) The Perception of Risk, Earthscan Publications.Google Scholar