Medical Image Registration Using Parallel Genetic Algorithms
Registration of medical image data of different modalities and multiple times is an important component of medical image analysis. A variety of robust and accurate voxel-based approaches have been proposed, and mathematically almost all of them are associated with optimization problems that are highly non-linear and non-convex. This article presents a parallel genetic strategy to attack mutual information based registration. The experimental results show robust registration with high speedup achieved. Furthermore, this method is readily applicable for other voxel-based registration methods.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Mutual Information Migration Strategy Island Model Voxel Intensity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Isaac N. Bankman, Handbook of Medical Imaging, Academic Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- 2.Joseph V. Hajnal, Derek L.G. Hill, and David J. Hawkes, Medical Image Registration, CRC Press, 2001.Google Scholar
- 12.Press, W. H.,et al., Numerical Recipes in C: The Art of Scientific Computing Second Edition, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1992Google Scholar
- 13.B. Wilkinson and M. Allen, Parallel Programming: Techniques and Applications using networked workstations and Parallel Computers, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 1999.Google Scholar
- 14.Albert Y. H. Zomaya, Parallel and Distributed Computing Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1996.Google Scholar