Security of Improved Identity-based Conference Key Distribution Systems
At Crypto-87 conference, we proposed identity-based key distribution systems for generating a common secret conference key for two or more users. Protocols were shown for three configurations: a ring, a complete graph, and a star. Yacobi has made an impersonation attack on the protocols for the complete graph and star networks. This paper proposes improved identity-based key distribution protocols to counter his attack.
- SHAMIR, A.: “Identity-based cryptosystems and signature schemes”, Proceedings of Crypto’84, Lecture Notes in Computer Science no. 196, Springer-Verlag, 1985, pp.47–53.Google Scholar
- FIAT, A. and SHAMIR, A.: “How to prove yourself: Practical solutions to identification and signature problems”, Proceedings of Crypto’86, Lecture Notes in Computer Science no. 263, Springer-Verlag, 1987, pp.186–194.Google Scholar
- KOYAMA, K. and OHTA, K.: “Identity-based conference key distribution systems”, Proceedings of Crypto’87, Lecture Notes in Computer Science no. 293, Springer-Verlag, 1988, pp.175–184.Google Scholar
- YACOBI, Y.: “Attack on the Koyama-Ohta identity-based key distribution scheme”, Proceedings of Crypto’87, (presented at the rump session), Lecture Notes in Computer Science no. 293, Springer-Verlag, 1988, pp.429–433.Google Scholar
- LENSTRA, Jr. H. W.: “Factoring integers with elliptic curves”, preprint, May 1986Google Scholar