MEDIMAGE - A Multimedia Database Management System for Alzheimer’s Disease Patients
Different brain databases, such as: (1) the database of the anatomic MRI brain scans of children across a wide range of ages to serve as a resource for the pediatric neuroimaging research community , (2) Brigham RAD Teaching Case Database Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Harvard Medical School , (3) Brain Web Simulated Brain Database site of a normal brain and a brain affected by multiple sclerosis  are using from many researchers. In this paper, we present MEDIMAGE - a multimedia database for Alzheimer’s disease patients. It contains imaging, text and voice data and it used to find some correlations of brain atrophy in Alzheimer’s patients with different demographic factors.
KeywordsImage Retrieval Image Processing Tool Voice Data Database Catalog Temporal Gray Matter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Black SE., Moffat SD., Yu DC, Parker J., Stanchev P., Bronskill M., “Callosal atrophy correlates with temporal lobe volume and mental status in Alzheimer’s disease.” Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences. 27(3), 2000 Aug., pp. 204–209.Google Scholar
- 3.C.A. Cocosco, V. Kollokian, R.K.-S. Kwan, A.C. Evans: “BrainWeb: Online Interface to a 3D MRI Simulated Brain Database”, NeuroImage, vol.5, no.4, part 2/4, S425, 1997-Proceedings of 3-rd International Conference on Functional Mapping of the Human Brain, Copenhagen, May 1997.Google Scholar
- 4.Grosky W., Stanchev P., “Object-Oriented Image Database Model”, 16th International Conference on Computers and Their Applications (CATA-2001), March 28–30, 2001, Seattle, Washington, pp. 94–97.Google Scholar
- 5.Kidron D., Black SE., Stanchev P., Buck B., Szalai JP., Parker J., Szekely C., Bronskill MJ., “Quantitative MR volumetry in Alzheimer’s disease. Topographic markers and the effects of sex and education”, Neurology. 49(6):1504–12, 1997 Dec.Google Scholar
- 7.Stanchev, P., “General Image Database Model,” Visual Information and Information Systems, Proceedings of the Third Conference on Visual Information Systems, Huijsmans, D. Smeulders A., (Eds.) Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 1614 (1999), pp. 29–36.Google Scholar