Complex Table Form Analysis Using Graph Grammar
Various kinds of complex table forms are used for many purposes, e.g. application forms. This paper presents a graph grammar based approach to the complex table form structure analysis. In our study, field types are classified into four, i.e. blank, insertion, indication, explanation, and four kinds of indication patterns are defined between indication and blank or insertion. Then, two dimensional relations between horizontally and vertically adjacent fields are described by graph representation and those reduction procedures are defined as production rules. We have designed 56 meta rules from which 6745 rules are generated for a complex table form analysis. Experimental results have shown that 31 kinds of different table forms are successfully analyzed using two types of meta grammar.
- 1.Lopresti, D., Nagy, G.: A Tabular Survey of Automated Table Processing. LNCS 1941 (2000) 93–120.Google Scholar
- 2.Watanabe, T., Luo, Q., Sugie, N.: Layout Recognition of Multi-Kinds of Table-Form Documents. IEEE PAMI 17 4 (1995) 432–445.Google Scholar
- 3.Cesarini, F., Gori, M., Marinai, S., Soda, G.: INFORMys: A Flexible Invoice-Like Form-Reader System. IEEE PAMI 20 7 (1998) 730–745.Google Scholar
- 4.Bing, L., Zao, J., Hong, Z., Ostgathe, T.: New Method for Logical Structure Extraction of Form Document Image. SPIE Proc. 3651 (1999) 183–193.Google Scholar
- 5.Rahgozar, M., Cooperman, R.: A Graph-based Table Recognition System. SPIE Proc. 2660 (1996) 192–203.Google Scholar
- 6.Amano, A., Asada, N., Motoyama, T., Sumiyoshi, T., Suzuki, K.: Table Form Document Synthesis by Grammar-Based Structure Analysis. 6th ICDAR (2001) 533–537.Google Scholar