Technical Report Interchange through Synchronized OAI Caches
The Technical Report Interchange project is a cooperative experimental effort between NASA Langley Research Center, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Air Force ResearchLab oratory, Sandia National Laboratory and Old Dominion University to allow for the integration of technical reports. This is accomplished using the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) and having each site cache the metadata from the other participating sites. Each site also implements additional software to ingest the OAI-PMH harvested metadata into their native digital library (DL). This allows the users at each site to see an increased technical report collection through the familiar DL interfaces and take advantage of whatever valued added services are provided by the native DL.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Gravano, L., Chang, K., Garcia-Molina, H., Lagoze, C. and Paepcke, A. (1997)“STARTS:Stanford proposal for internet meta-searching”. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 207–218Google Scholar
- 3.Harnad, S. and Carr, L. (2000) “Integrating, Navigating and Analyzing Eprint Archives Through Open Citation Linking (the OpCit Project)”. Current Science (special issue honour of Eugene Garfield) 79, 629–638.http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/documents/disk0/00/00/16/97/ Google Scholar
- 4.Lagoze, C. and Van de Sompel, H. (2001) “The Open Archives Initiative: Building a low-barrier interoperability framework”. In Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, Roanoke VA, June 24–28, 2001, pp. 54–62.Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, X., Maly, K., Zubair, M. and Nelson, M. L. (2001) “Arc-An OAI Service Provider for Digital Library Federation”. D-Lib Magazine, 7(4). http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april01/liu/04liu.html
- 6.LOC (2001) “MARC to Dublin Core Crosswalk”. Network Development and MARC Standards Office, Library of Congress. http://www.loc.gov/marc/marc2dc.html
- 7.Lynch, C. (2001) “Metadata Harvesting and the Open Archives Initiative”. ARL Monthly Report 217, August 2001. http://www.arl.org/newsltr/217/mhp.html
- 8.McClelland, M., McArthur, D., Giersch, S. and Geisler G. (2002) “Challenges for Service Providers When Importing Metadata in Digital Libraries”. D-Lib Magazine, 8(4). http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april02/mcclelland/04mcclelland.html
- 9.Koch, T., Neuroth, H. and Day, M. (2001) “Renardus: Cross-browsing European subject gateways via a common classification system (DDC)”. IFLA satellite meeting: Subject Retrieval in a Networked Environment, OCLC, Dublin, Ohio, USAGoogle Scholar
- 10.Suleman, H. and Fox, E. A. (2001) “A Framework for Building Open Digital Libraries”. D-Lib Magazine, 7(12). http://www.dlib.org/dlib/december01/suleman/12suleman.html
- 11.Van de Sompel, H. and Lagoze, C. (2000) “The Santa Fe Convention of the Open Archives Initiative”. D-Lib Magazine, 6(2). http://www.dlib.org/dlib/february00/vandesompel-oai/02vandesompel-oai.html
- 12.Weibel, S., Kunze, J., Lagoze, C. and Wolfe, M. (1998) “Dublin Core metadata for resource discovery”. Internet RFC-2413, ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2413.txt